Install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S5 Mini – Hello Everybody, We come back with a new tutorial about How To Install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S5 Mini. Now You Think About What is LineageOS? LineageOS Android Distribution is a free and open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet computers, based on the Android mobile platform. It is the successor to the highly popular custom ROM CyanogenMod, from which it was forked in December 2016 when Cyanogen Inc. announced it was discontinuing development and shut down the infrastructure behind the project. Since Cyanogen Inc. retained the rights to the Cyanogen name, the project rebranded its fork as LineageOS.
Now Galaxy S5 Mini Users Can Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini. Google has released Latest Android OS ‘Android Oreo’ for Nexus and Pixel Devices and also Google has released Android Oreo Open Source. Now developers start working on building a ROM based on Android Oreo and now Lineage OS 15 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini is available for download.
LineageOS 15 ROM brings same Android Oreo Features like LiveDisplay, PIP, Privacy Guard, Protected App, Profiles and so on. Lineage OS 15 for Galaxy S5 Mini is an initial Oreo build which is just booted on the device but definitely not stable enough to use as a daily driver at this stage. But soon it will be fixed by developers. So check out below links for download Lineage OS 15 ROM For Galaxy S5 Mini.
Disclaimer – We Are not responsible for any hardware/software issues that occur to your device(s) by following this guide. We are certain that the following guide is carefully written, avoiding any mistakes on our side. If you are unsure of the causalities that may occur if the procedure goes wrong, then please don’t proceed.
- HW accelerated GUI
- Initiate and receive calls
- Camera (video recording is still buggy, try Footej)
- Flash Light
- Fingerprint scanner
- Hardware sensors (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter)
- Light sensor (needed for auto-brightness)
- Pulse sensor (preliminary and very inaccurate. Works with Apps like Kardiograph)
- Bluetooth (A2DP, HFP, HID)
- Mobile Data
- MTP storage
- USB-OTG (Keyboard, Mouse, USB-Audio)
- USB-OTG (Mass-Storage): detected but the file-system is not usable and will be corrupted afterward (–> do not connect your USB-stick at the moment)
- SELinux not enforcing
- This ROM is work on Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (G800F/G800M/G800Y). Don’t try this on any other device.
- The ROM is an initial Oreo build and contains bugs.
- Follow the steps correctly otherwise you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
Download Lineage OS 15 ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini
How to Install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S5 Mini
- First Download Both files from above links & Transfer all them to your phone’s SD card.
- Then Switch off the phone and boot into TWRP recovery. To do so, press the Volume Up and Power buttons together.
- In TWRP, Choose ‘Backup’ and create a backup of your system (recommended).
- Now, Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Select wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and Data and swipe right to confirm the action.
- Now, select Install, navigate to /sd card and select the zip file package. Follow the on-screen notices to install the package.
- Wait for the installation to finish and select Gapps file and install it.
- Reboot into the system.
- Done..!!! You have successfully Install Lineage OS 15 ROM on Galaxy S5 Mini.
How To Root Galaxy S5 Mini LineageOS 15 ROM
LineageOS does not have root support integrated by default. You have to download addonsu-arm-signed.zip for 14.1 and install it with TWRP. After that root access is still disabled by default. If you want to activate root access for apps, Check out below steps one by one:
- Open the Settings menu, select “About Phone“
- Tap on the “Build number” entry seven times. You should be notified, that the developer settings are now active.
- Open the Settings menu, select “Developer options“. Enable root access by selecting “Apps” in the “Root-Access” setting.
In Last, If you have any doubt or facing any problem Regarding this Tutorial then freely Comment Us below in comment section..!!